As we get closer and closer to winter, homeowners are looking for ways to prepare their HVAC system for the cool months ahead. Routine HVAC maintenance is key to preventing a breakdown in the middle of a snowstorm and will help avoid costly emergency repairs.
But sometimes it’s better to hire a professional for HVAC maintenance, rather than trying to do it yourself. Here are four reasons why.
- An HVAC professional will perform a thorough inspection.
The simple truth is you don’t know what you don’t know. But an HVAC professional is trained to spot the least suspicious signs of a breakdown waiting to happen. During an inspection, the technician will do the following:
- Check the voltage and electrical components.
- Lubricate moving parts.
- Inspect (and replace, if necessary) the filter.
- Inspect condensate drain for clogs and blockages.
- Check thermostat settings and test calibration.
- Check electrical connections.
- Inspect HVAC appliances.
- Test safety controls.
- Test airflow throughout the home.
- Inspect the blower.
- Check refrigerant pressure.
- Test gas piping and pressure.
- Test the heat pump’s heating mode and defrost cycle.
- An HVAC professional can identify problems before they become serious.
During an inspection, the HVAC technician will easily identify signs of a problem, such as:
- Loose blower belt
- Improperly firing burners
- Loose wiring harnesses
- Leaking coolant from the AC system
- An HVAC professional will make the necessary repairs quickly and efficiently.
If the HVAC technician notices a problem during the inspection, he’ll typically be able to take care of the repairs right then and there. Whether you’ve got loose ductwork, a dirty air filter, or a blower motor that needs lubrication, you can be confident that your HVAC system will be in top condition once he’s done.
- An HVAC professional will educate you on ways to prevent breakdowns and properly maintain the system.
One reason an HVAC inspection is so invaluable, is that you’ll be able to ask the technician any questions you may have about properly maintaining your HVAC system. He will help you spot the signs of a malfunctioning system and share tips and tricks to keep the system in top condition.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to 4 Eco Services. We’re happy to schedule an inspection, maintenance or repairs for your HVAC system.